I grew up to respect all sorts of authority. God, the King, cops, Mom and Dad, grandparents, uncles and aunts, other parents, until a certain age; maids, school teachers, school consular, teachers assistants and the list goes on.
See, when I was little I never question authority, it was correct that they are always right! And I just have to do what they say, take whatever advises they offer, "assuming" they always wanted the best for me. I was a kid, naive, I trusted ANY sort of authority.
Now, as I completed over two years of working in the banking sector in Saudi Arabia. My path crossed a lot* of bad people, in authority places. And being all grown up and getting to know that not everyone will have the best intentions and can't do anything about it, really hurts!
Sometimes, I think, maybe I am what dad says, a spoiled child who can not cope with the pressure of work. And that's why I choose to stay, and not be called a quitter, or I did, for as long as I could, and believe me, two years of putting up with that 10 hrs a day is not an easy job.
Today, I came to what I think I might regret, but knowing that I usually don't regret the stuff I do, gives me strength to go forward. I am stepping up; I am gonna say something about it. And whatever happens later, I got nothing to loose!
May God give me more strength to do this ASAP.
Have a pleasant weekend everyone!
* I usually say millions, as a form of assertion (9ee'3at mobala'3ah), which I came to understand people don't really appreciate. Plus, I don't really know if they use that in the English language.
15 comments:
damn it :| my comment didnt post....
anyways heres wut i said:
does this mean ur gonna quit 8< ?
*hug* inshallah all will go well.
power usually corrupts ppl.
Sounds like trouble at work. Everything going ok? Inshallah things will work out.
My weekend was booooring. I was sleeping most of the time.
lol shutup fishy. If power corrupted everybody then we would have to throw the ppl who make Red Bull into jail:|
good 4 u 4 stepping up in whatever u believe in
inshala it all goes well
p.s
u cam use watever words u want, this is ur blog, ur the only editor :)
Samakah!!
First things first; where's my car!!!
I did quit, the department!! I hope they release asap =D *hugsback*
Raheel
Nothings okay!! 8( But al7amdellah
You already had ur fun in Dubai ;) so sleeping this weekend is good!!
eshda3wa
Thanks luv =Xx
Euphoria
Come on over 8(
You didnt quit..you resigned..resigned yourself to d fact that there is something better out there and u were wasting your time on losers.:-) go the FOOF!
Oh sweetheart no job is worth being misrable at.. 10 hours a day is more than half your awake time.. Very proud of you for stepping up for urself ;) that's ma girl..
Lamya and Jewels,,
Thanks girls, I luv u for the support =Xx
Good luck dear :) Inshalla you'll find a better job with a better pay and less working hours :), take care..
P.S. I've been trying to post on my blog, it says posted! but when i go check my blog, the post's not there :S..
AMEN!!
Thanks Ali, glad ur posting prob is over now :P
welcome :D
ali
:)
Diabz
i just did,,
Hi, I am new to the blog. New to Riyadh, been here for a month. I understand your frustration. I think you did a good thing mashallah of stepping up. I really believe in that. Its very rare these days. My job is on near this corner where there are accidents everyday. Nobody steps up to ask the municipality to put a stop sign or speed bump. Like you, I am going to step up and write the city and request it. So they say, this guy doesn't know what he is talking about. fine, but at least I did something. If I can help you find a job let me know :)
DA,
Hi back at ya, and welcome to the blog world. Thanks for your words, I feel REALLY good for what I did, but the attacks that I got later on felt REALLY bad, I wasnt prepared, but I'm glad I wasn't cuz maybe I would've backed out. Thanks again.
Welcome to Riyadh ;)
So hold on let me get this stright you lost your job for speaking up!! what the frek happened to freedom of speach! sod the lill buggers!!
Do pardon my french (~*_*~), , ,but to be fair working in a bank is not a place for a girl like u (a taurus)office work kills girl taurus are Tough creative souls. humm , , ,ever thought of working as a reporter? if you r looking for a job that is; if yes let me know i might be able to help. (English/ Arabic u name it)
C ya *hugs&kisses*
I didn't lose my job!! I just spoke up about something that was not right, and guess what, it back fired, and I kinda don't care cuz I am moving to another department. The good thing is, I don't realy hate them for the asses they have been, its like I am not suprised so i'm not so much hurt :)
Thanks for the offer girlfriend =Xx Keep visin my blog ;)
Post a Comment