Today morning, at the last traffic light on my way to work, I saw this really old guy, he was at least 60 years old, walking with his stick and wearing his thobe and shma'3 and up from the morning.. Just to ask people to give out money to him.. I looked around in my large work bag for money, I remember I had a 50 Riyal bill thrown there somewhere. When I at last found it the old man was away =(
I almost cried. I don't want to see this picture. Not in my country, not for a fellow citizen.
Another picture;
A guy who used to work in Supreme court in his country came to join our fine establishment with a lot of fellow colleagues who are recruited like him, through a company, that eats up 2/3 of his salary in exchange of the semi yearly ticket and the poor accommodation!!
Third and last picture;
(this was actually from an article I read)
Tony and Ahmed were having a conversation at work..
Tony: What's that car you're driving?
Ahmed: It's a pick-up.
Tony: How come?
Ahmed: Cuz I use it to work and earn money, why you asking, what's your car?
Tony: A Range Rover.
Ahmed: Wow, how much salary are you getting so you can pay it off?
Tony: 50,000 basic, 20,000 for accommodation, 10,000 for the danger, 5,000 for the homesick, 3,000 for my pleasure, 6,000 for the yearly ticket. What about you?
Ahmed: I get paid 3250 SAR.
Tony: And that's for what??
Ahmed: For me not to beg!
I almost cried. I don't want to see this picture. Not in my country, not for a fellow citizen.
Another picture;
A guy who used to work in Supreme court in his country came to join our fine establishment with a lot of fellow colleagues who are recruited like him, through a company, that eats up 2/3 of his salary in exchange of the semi yearly ticket and the poor accommodation!!
Third and last picture;
(this was actually from an article I read)
Tony and Ahmed were having a conversation at work..
Tony: What's that car you're driving?
Ahmed: It's a pick-up.
Tony: How come?
Ahmed: Cuz I use it to work and earn money, why you asking, what's your car?
Tony: A Range Rover.
Ahmed: Wow, how much salary are you getting so you can pay it off?
Tony: 50,000 basic, 20,000 for accommodation, 10,000 for the danger, 5,000 for the homesick, 3,000 for my pleasure, 6,000 for the yearly ticket. What about you?
Ahmed: I get paid 3250 SAR.
Tony: And that's for what??
Ahmed: For me not to beg!
(This post was about some things happening in Saudi Arabia, seconed picture and Tony from the third were not "Saudi" though..)
-Laters everyone.
God bless.
19 comments:
Min jid it's soo sad, society is being ripped in two ... the extremely rich and the extremely poor... and middle class is simply being eradicated...
Ana mo nag9a, mo kefaya Lebanon?! :(
the last picture mn jd 8a66a3 8lbi:(:( how sad!
This post was about somethings happening in Saudi Arabia, seconed picture and the tony from the third were not Saudi though..
Mocha
Yeah, it is.. Sadder we can not do anything but talk and complain.
Ash
It does hurt.. the rest are screwed huh?
hope it's not that bad
Euphoria
God, I didnt mean it to be in the same time! I got people in Bierut too and I am so freaked!! =(
blacky
it all did to me.. wala we got probs far beyond whoever thinks it's woman driving and hai2ah or men ruling!!
7zent 3la the old guy..
Ma at7amal ktha ashya2 az3al 3layhom, it wasn't up to them to be born poor.. =(
I know Lino.. It's so sad.. and to really think about the old guy, they didn't even have the chance to learn or know if he had any education he would be in a VERY good place by now.. Oh, well.. I guess that's life.
-welcome to my blog ;)
can you imagine that there are expatriots who are paid SR 100,000 a month?!
y5ty, '9aygty 9adry =s
Especially the one about the old man.
Poor thing.
No old person should have to go through that. Thats the time in your life when you are supposed to be relaxed and at ease, 9a7?
Ahmed
Yeah, I can. We got those Ahmed. Thing is no Saudi is paid that much!!
Taqo
Mn jd!! I got a retirement fund and I'm only 22!!! And if I didn't work I expect my family to be there for me at that age =(
Leo
Man, I thought YOU deserted my blog =(
I'm live and kicking, who gave you that thought =\
and um, what address exactly??
you know what is an even sad picture when you see a little boy thats only 10 or 11 years and there begging for money and it 12 in the afternoon .. ya3ny your sitting in the car with the a/c on and that little boy is in the sun yeksab rezgoo
No, that one I feel like kicking his parent's asses!!
mn jd!!
-whisper; missing you gurl! Where have you been!!-
I guess it's all over the gulf. the expats recruitments. And omg was it sad =(
Although these pictures are sad, sometimes we need them to realize how blessed we are...
El 7amdilla 3al n3ma :)
awww wallah i miss you too .. but first my blog mo ra'9y yefta7 and i don't know why and second i don't use the net alot these days
Ahmed
mn jd el 7amdillah..
Balgees
a tt'3leeen ;) lets see ya and fix ur blog!
It is..
Seems that Saudi arabia and Kuwait shares a lot of things in common
Yeah, I guess we do..
"I almost cried. I don't want to see this picture. Not in my country, not for a fellow citizen."
awwwwwwwwwwwwwww!! that is the sweetest thing ever !
Post a Comment